Sunday 12 December 2010

Now whats up with the "I heard that" story?

I was talking to one of my friend today. We were talking about a lot of things. She then told me what another friend of mine spoke to her about me. What the other friend talked was something very personal about me. Thats ok. Every person can talk anything under the sun to his/her friend.

However, what made me feel awkward is, i have never ever spoken a word with this person and for that matter i dont even recall seeing her at all. I just knew such a person existed. Second thing is, what she spoke about me is not completely true.

I know gossiping is a good hobby for some people. But dont they have any celebrity who they can talk about? I really couldnt make out any intention behind the talk. What does the person get out of this? No goddamn clue. I really care a flying fuck about gossipers. However i do care what my friend thinks about me when he/she hears something about me. Should I not be? I dont know!

This friend of mine didnt buy the story rather said it like, "you know what i just heard about you?"

In the last month or so, i have had too many of these, "I heard that..." stories and i am f'king fed up with them. If you were in my place, i bet thats how you'd feel. Imagine, half of them are utter lies. Half, altered truths. Some times some people buy the story and in turn sell me out.

If at all someone wants to leave me for what i have done in the past, I wish it better be something true about me. You know that way i can go to bed saying, thank God i am not that guy anymore.

It hurts when i try sleeping with that crying like feeling - "Oh dear, i never did that"

God's given us something more than acoustic nerves? Hasn't he?

When you come to me asking, "Athiq, i heard you did this. Now look straight in my eye and tell me the truth", could you not see the shame in my eyes if my reply is a lie? Could you not sense the struggle in my voice when i try to cover it all up?

Did God not give you that sense?

Reminds me of this kural,

"Epporul yaryaarvaaik kaetpinum apporul
Meypporul kanpa tharivu"

To discern the truth from whatever source it emanates is the true quality of wisdom

No comments:

Post a Comment