Tuesday 14 December 2010

"I Love You, Man"

I recently happened to see the movie, "I love you, man". Its about two guys. Their friendship. Very neatly illustrated. The best part is about how these two guys get together from nowhere. Its a guaranteed nice watch.

Movie aside.

Ever been there in your life, where your pal just dont find any better word and says, "I love you, man"?

I do have a bunch of friends, who am sure, love me for whatever I am. Nonetheless, i have this friend of mine, who happens to be my cousin. He is 2 years younger to me. He is someone who strongly believes in living for the moment of his life. At times, he has sent me messages in the middle of the night that will read, "I love you, machan".

I work in the night shift. I will be so damn occupied with work, like, there is no world other than those invoices, emails, accounts, monitors and citrix applications. This message will make me step out of that world for one moment. A smile will bloom on my face. Here is one soul who sincerely believes he loves me! He never asks me for anything other than some time i could spend with him. There aint a thing i haven't talked with him.

I recall those days i used to tell him stories about tomatoes and onions that traveled in planes and escaped bloody villains. What? Was i some 7 or 8 years old back then? Then we used to talk things that i myself would classify as un-parliamentary these days. Guess i was 12 or 13 by then. Then there were days he used to tell me where all he wandered with his new-found-girlfriend. He must have been around 17 at that time. Years rolled by. Now here we stand, understanding we are not playful boys anymore. May be in some years, we may need to raise our own boys!!! Goodness! However, the bond between us, hasn't changed a bit!

Just that we used to think, love is something that a guy has over a beautiful girl in his vicinity. Now that we strongly believe love is nothing but a sign of affection between souls, irrespective of gender, age, culture, relation, oh whatnot!!

How good is a love that was never returned?
Here you hear me loud my dear buddy, "I love you too!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment